How do I keep my e-bike from being stolen?
Security tips when out and about.
- Never lock with just a cable. Cables can be cut with ease.
- Lock your bike in a high visibility area, not in a dark alley.
- Bring it inside. …
- Take extra precautions if you lock in the same visible place everyday – i.e. outside your work. …
- Lock up at home, even in your garage.
How do I protect my electric bike battery from theft?
E-Bike Battery Theft Prevention
- Buy A Sturdy Lock And Make Sure To Use It.
- Always keep receipts of any security devices, such as locks. …
- If You Can’t Lock It Up, Take It With You.
- Get A GPS Tracking Device.
- Register Your E-Bicycle.
Are electric bikes easy to steal?
The higher price tags have also led to eBikes being three times more likely to be stolen than a standard bicycle. … It’s not just the whole bike that can go missing, either. Electronic Bikes are powered by expensive batteries that are often removable to help the rider recharge them quickly without too much inconvenience.
What is a cafe lock?
A frame lock, or “Cafe lock” is the quick and easy solution for when you have to secure your bike without an additional accessory. The Abus frame locks: Pro-Tectic or Shield, mounts to your bike’s frame, securing the rear wheel from moving, and preventing the bike from rolling.
Do electric bikes have keys?
Generally, most e-bikes will start without the need for a key because they don’t have a starter motor like a car or motorbike. However, for security purposes, e-bike batteries require a key to unlock them from their holder. Now we know that e-bikes don’t require keys to start them.